WTVJ Meteorologist Shiri Spear Leaves

WTVJ Meteorologist Shiri Spear Leaves

WTVJ NBC6 South Florida
Shiri Spear Photo: Facebook.com Shiri Spear/David Decoteau

WTVJ NBC6 morning meteorologist Shiri Spear has left. In a post on her Facebook page Spear says she left to pursue another job opportunity in the New England region and to be closer to her family.

Shiri Spear joined WTVJ in September 2010, her last day at WTVJ was on Friday

It’s with a heavy heart I say goodbye to my NBC 6 family. It’s been wonderful to work with such wonderful inidviduals both on camera and behind the scenes.
I’m headed back home to New England to take an opportunity closer to family. I’m excited to share with you my new job next week. Until then! XO

[Shiri Spear on Facebook]



  1. I agree… Shiri had a good combination of being likable and knowledgeable. I wish her all the best in her new role… anyone know where she will be working (more specific than New England)?

  2. NBC affiliate WHDH channel 7 (Sunbeam Station) has a vacancy due to Dylan Dryer’s move to the weekend Today show. Just a thought!

  3. I’m guessing that Shiri Spear’s next TV gig could be in Boston… and maybe WHDH, if not WCVB, WBZ, or WFXT.

    As for Julie Durda… not sure about the length of the long her non-compete clause, since her departure from WSVN. It would remain to be seen if WTVJ is considering hiring her.

    • Aren’t those (non-competes) usually like 6 months? If so, dunno if WTVJ wants to wait that long. In the interim, wonder if Jennifer Reeves will do double duty on weekends.

  4. Does Julie have to wait six months. Who was the newcaster that went from 4 to 6 in a week? Maybe we won’t have the long wait.

    • no one knows if she will go to WTVJ, it’s all speculation

      Jawan Strader jumped to WTVJ but he either did not have a non-compete clause in his contract or was released from it, too many variables to tell.

      Durda most likely has a non-compete and has to wait 6 months before she shows up at another local TV station.

      Both Brian Andrews and Beatriz Canals had to wait 6 months before going on the air at WFOR